BOILED CRAB LEGS RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Paula Jones
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|2 tablespoons seafood seasoning|
|1 tablespoon salt|
|4 lb frozen king crab legs, thawed|
|Melted butter, if desired|
- Fill large stockpot or Dutch oven half full with water; add seafood seasoning and salt. Heat to boiling.
- Add crab legs. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until heated. Remove with tongs to serving platter. Serve warm with melted butter.
Calories 170 , CarbohydrateContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 210 mg, FatContent 0 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 39 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1580 mg, SugarContent 0 g, TransFatContent 0 g
CRAB BOIL RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Preston Hoover
Categories: Main Dish Crab
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|8 red potatoes|
|8 andouille sausages, sliced|
|4 onions, quartered|
|2 ears fresh corn, cut into halves|
|½ cup seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®), or to taste|
|4 whole Dungeness crabs|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, sausages, onions, corn, and seafood seasoning. Boil until potatoes are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Gently drop crabs into pot and boil until crabmeat is cooked through, at least 10 minutes. Drain and serve.
Calories 415.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 46.2 g, CholesterolContent 82.5 mg, FatContent 11.1 g, FiberContent 9.3 g, ProteinContent 34.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, SodiumContent 4890.1 mg, SugarContent 12.2 g
CAJUN SHRIMP BOIL – BOILING CRAB COPYCAT | 9 MINUTES …
Provided by: LowCarbingAsian
Categories: dinner,Main Course
Total time: 9 minutes
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
|1 lbs Shrimp (shell and tail on)|
|12 oz Kielbasa Sausage (or sausage of choice)|
|8 oz Butter (2 sticks)|
|6-8 Clove Garlic|
|1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning|
|1 tbsp Paprika|
|1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning|
|1 tbsp Lemon Pepper|
|1 tsp Cayenne Pepper|
|1/2 tbsp Sweetener (monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice)|
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Mince garlic and chop sausage and then set aside.
- In a large stove top pot, melt butter on medium low heat. Once butter is melted, reduce heat to low and add in chopped garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, paprika, Cajun Seasoning, Lemon Pepper, Cayenne Pepper and sweetener. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a new large stove top pot, add enough water to cover the sausage and shrimp, and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat, add in chopped sausage and shrimp, cover and cook for 90-120 seconds or until shrimp is pinked.
- Once sausages and shrimp are cooked, transfer into the large stove top pot with the sauce, toss and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy this dish with your hands!
Calories 1367 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 8 g, ProteinContent 28 g, FatContent 138 g, SaturatedFatContent 74 g, TransFatContent 4 g, CholesterolContent 366 mg, SodiumContent 1898 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 1 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 54 g, ServingSize 1 serving
COPYCAT BOILING CRAB RECIPE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Buy 1-2 pounds of crawfish per person.
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|2 cups margarine|
|1 bag louisiana crawfish, Crab, and Shrimp boil|
|mccormick bayou cajun seasoning|
|Old Bay Seasoning|
|louisiana hot sauce|
|8 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 lemon, quartered|
|8 lbs crawfish, live|
|1 lb red potatoes, halved|
|8 ears white corn|
|1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch segments|
- Pour live crawfish into a washtub or ice chest; cover with water. Drain. Repeat 3 to 4 times until crawfish are clean. Drain. Discard any dead crawfish and debris.
- Cook crawfish by boiling in hot water with the Louisiana Crawfish Boil, quartered lemon, potatoes, corn and sausage (add potatoes, corn, and sausage 15 minutes prior to crawfish). While they are cooking make the sauce:.
- Melt the margarine over low heat in a large saucepan. Add garlic and saute until translucent.
- NOTE: This will get salty fast with the Cajun seasoning and Old Bay, so add them in tiny, tiny amounts. Add Cajun Seasoning, Old Bay, cayenne pepper (start with 3 t. then add more for spiciness), lemon pepper, paprika, and liberally add Louisiana Hot Sauce. When you have the mixture right, add a tiny bit of lemon juice (roughly 1/4 lemon).
- Simmer for 10 minutes and check for flavor. Add more cayenne, paprika, or hot sauce as desired.
- Drain the boiling water (or ladle out the crawfish, sausage, and vegetables) and mix the sauce in with them. Serve with hot crusty french bread.
Calories 2196.5, FatContent 137.1, SaturatedFatContent 31.8, CholesterolContent 1311.5, SodiumContent 2932.7, CarbohydrateContent 56.8, FiberContent 7.3, SugarContent 8.8, ProteinContent 182
How to cook crab legs 4 different ways?
There are three easy steps:
Bring an inch of salted water to a boil in a large pot.
Put the crabs in a steamer basket or insert or simply pile them into the pot and let the bottom crabs boil slightly and act as a platform for the …
Cover and cook 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the crabs. Remove the steamer or pull the crabs out of the pot with tongs. …
How long do you cook crab legs on the grill?
Method 1 Method 1 of 3: Making Grilled Crab Legs Download Article
Thaw the crab for 2 hours or overnight. If you know you’ll be grilling the next day, transfer 2 pounds (0.91 kg) of frozen crab legs to the refrigerator …
Heat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Turn the burner to high if you’re using a gas grill. …
Arrange the crab legs on the hot grill. …
Grill the crab legs for 4 to 8 minutes. …
What are the ingredients in crab boil?
Louisiana Crab Boil Ingredients
Corn on the Cob
Small Red Potatoes (Try to buy potatoes in the netted bag. You can throw the entire bag in the boil.)
4 Dozen Blue Crabs (fresh & live)
Bag Louisiana Crawfish & Crab Boil (powder)
How many minutes to cook Dungeness crab?
Steps Download Article
Get a fresh crab. Go crabbing. …
Steam or boil your crab at 7-8 minutes/pound, lid on but tilted to allow venting. …
Rinse and cool. …
Remove the apron. …
Remove carapace. …
Remove mandibles (the mouth parts at the front of the crab). …
Rinse clean. …
Break the crab into half. …