FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Nanci Renn
Categories: Cheese Appetizers
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 large eggs, beaten|
|¼ cup water|
|1 ½ cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs|
|½ teaspoon garlic salt|
|⅔ cup all-purpose flour|
|⅓ cup cornstarch|
|2 cups oil for frying, or as needed|
|1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese sticks|
- Whisk water and eggs together in a small bowl. Mix bread crumbs and garlic salt together in a medium bowl. Blend flour and cornstarch together in a third bowl.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Dredge a mozzarella stick in flour; shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture. Lift up so excess egg drips back in the bowl. Press into bread crumbs to coat. Place breaded mozzarella stick on a plate or wire rack. Repeat with remaining mozzarella sticks.
- Use a spider spoon or a pair of tongs to lower 3 to 4 mozzarella sticks into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Repeat to fry remaining mozzarella sticks.
Calories 789.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.5 g, CholesterolContent 82.8 mg, FatContent 66.5 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 19.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.3 g, SodiumContent 805.5 mg
MOZZARELLA STICKS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 12-16 sticks
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs|
|1 tablespoon milk|
|1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips (or you can use string cheese and cut each in half)|
|1 cup vegetable oil|
|1 cup jarred pizza sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce|
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Freeze for 6 to 24 hours before frying.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
Calories 182.7, FatContent 10.1, SaturatedFatContent 5.5, CholesterolContent 61.7, SodiumContent 354.7, CarbohydrateContent 11.2, FiberContent 0.9, SugarContent 1.4, ProteinContent 11.4