BEST GREEK SALAD RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE GREEK SALAD
Provided by: GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 0S
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|3 tbsp. red wine vinegar|
|2 tbsp. olive oil|
|2 tsp. confectioners’ sugar|
|Kosher salt and pepper|
|2 tbsp. capers, drained and roughly chopped|
|1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano|
|1 lb. mixed cherry, grape, and campari tomatoes (halved or cut into wedges)|
|8 oz. Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4-in.-thick rounds|
|1/2 very small red onion, thinly sliced|
|1/3 c. pitted Kalamata olives, halved|
|Feta cheese, cut into small cubes, for serving|
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in capers and oregano.
- Arrange tomatoes and cucumbers on a platter and scatter onion and olives on top. Spoon dressing over salad and serve with feta if desired.
GREEK SALAD AUTHENTIC RECIPE | TASTEATLAS
Provided by: TasteAtlas
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 2 servings
|2 medium-sized tomatoes, cored and cut into eight slices|
|1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into slices or half slices|
|1 green pepper, deseeded, cut into thin strips, then in halves|
|1/4 small red onion, cut into thin slices|
|200g (7 oz) feta, cut into two blocks|
|1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil|
|salt and dried Greek oregano, to taste|
|Kalamata olives, unpitted, to taste (about 10-15)|
|crusty bread, for serving|
- Combine the tomatoes and the cucumber in a bowl, mix, season with salt, and let sit for 10 minutes to release juices. (don’t go overboard with salt, as feta is already salty)
- After 10 minutes, crush the onion slices, and add them to the bowl along with pepper slices.
- Let everything rest for a few minutes. Then, season with oregano and mix.
- Divide between plates or bowls, and add the Kalamata olives to each serving.
- Top with a block of feta cheese, pour over with olive oil, and sprinkle some more oregano.
- Serve straight away with some crusty bread for mopping up the juices.
GREEK-STYLE SALAD RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Salad Recipes
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1/4 cup red-wine vinegar|
|1 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|Freshly ground pepper|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|12 ounces romaine hearts, leaves separated|
|1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives (about 2 1/2 ounces), drained|
|1/2 cup peperoncini, drained|
|1/3 cup caper berries, drained|
|2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges|
|2 Kirby cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise and crosswise, then thinly sliced|
|4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled|
- Make the dressing: Whisk together vinegar, salt, and oregano, and season with pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Assemble the salad: Arrange lettuce on a platter. Scatter olives, peperoncini, caper berries, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and feta over top. Drizzle with dressing.
GREEK SALAD RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Lidey Heuck
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|2 tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|1 small garlic clove, grated or finely minced|
|1/4 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 pound ripe red tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges (2 or 3 tomatoes)|
|1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick|
|3/4 cup Kalamata olives|
|1 tablespoon capers, drained|
|1/2 medium yellow or red onion, very thinly sliced into rings|
|8 ounces Greek feta cheese, sliced 1/2-inch thick|
- In a bowl or small glass measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then set aside.
- Arrange the tomatoes, cucumber and bell pepper in a large shallow serving bowl. Scatter the olives, capers and onions on top, then drizzle about half the dressing evenly over the salad.
- Place the slices of feta on top of the salad and drizzle with additional dressing to taste. Serve at room temperature.
How do you make Greek salad dressing at home?
Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well or shake in a jar. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, and olives. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired. Bottled Greek dressing can be used if desired.
What is the best salad dressing to make at home?
A simple combination of tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers tossed in a fresh and easy dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well or shake in a jar. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, and olives.
What can I do with leftover Greek salad?
Keep leftover Greek salad in a covered container for up to 4 days. Add some fresh veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it as good as new! Loaded Cauliflower Salad Recipe – low carb but high flavor! Zucchini Salad – fresh summer flavors! Did you enjoy this Greek Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!