INSTANT POT SHREDDED FLANK STEAK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Bren
Categories: Flank Steak
Total time: 1 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|1 (1 1/4 pound) flank steak, cut into 8 pieces|
|2 tablespoons avocado oil|
|1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped|
|1 medium onion, finely chopped|
|2 large cloves garlic, grated|
|1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|¼ cup dry red wine|
|1 ½ cups beef broth|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste|
|freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|¼ cup water|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot) and select Sauté function. Working in batches, sauté steak until browned but not cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat avocado oil in the pot. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in wine; cook and stir until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Add steak and turn to coat until coated with the broth mixture. Select the Meat option according to manufacturer’s instructions. Close and lock the lid; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, at least 20 minutes. Transfer the steak to a plate.
- Stir water and flour together in a small bowl to make a slurry. Select the Sauté option and slowly add the slurry to the broth mixture in the pot. Cook until liquid thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pull steak apart into shreds using 2 forks. Return shredded steak to the pot and mix with the liquid.
Calories 263.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.3 g, CholesterolContent 31.2 mg, FatContent 13 g, FiberContent 2.1 g, ProteinContent 21.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 830.6 mg, SugarContent 1.7 g