BRITISH BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Anne
Categories: Bread Pudding
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 9-inch pan
|6 ¼ cups cubed whole wheat bread|
|1 ¼ cups milk|
|1 egg, beaten|
|⅓ cup butter, softened|
|¾ cup raisins|
|¼ cup dried mixed fruit|
|½ cup brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon ground nutmeg|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine bread and milk, and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Then stir in egg, butter, raisins, mixed fruit, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well. Press the mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and firm to touch, about 35 minutes. Leave in baking pan to cool, then cut into squares.
Calories 204 calories, CarbohydrateContent 31.5 g, CholesterolContent 31.1 mg, FatContent 7.2 g, FiberContent 2.5 g, ProteinContent 5.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.1 g, SodiumContent 174.1 mg, SugarContent 17.8 g
ENGLISH BREAD PUDDING | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Heather M. Baker @librarylady40
|16 slice(s) day old, firm textered white bread|
|2 1/4 cup(s) milk|
|1 package(s) mixed dried fruits or mix of dried apricots, cranberries & raisins|
|1/2 cup(s) chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)|
|1 medium apple, cored, peeled and chopped into pieces|
|1/4 cup(s) melted butter|
|1/3 cup(s) brown sugar|
|1 – egg slightly beaten|
|1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) cloves (optional)|
- Tear bread into 1″ pieces. Place in a well greased crock pot or baking dish. Pour milk over the bread and let soak for 30 mins.
- Stir in dried fruits, nuts and apple pieces.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg and spices in a small bowl. Pour over the bread & fruit mixture. Stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours in the crock pot or 300 degrees for 2-3 hours. Just watch and check periodically.
BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Total time: 2 hours
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield: Cuts into 9 squares
|500g white or wholemeal bread|
|500g/1lb 2oz mixed dried fruit|
|85g mixed peel|
|1½ tbsp mixed spice|
|2 large eggs, beaten|
|140g light muscovado sugar|
|zest 1 lemon (optional)|
|100g butter, melted|
|2 tbsp demerara sugar|
- Tear 500g white or wholemeal bread into a large mixing bowl and add 500g mixed dried fruit, 85g mixed peel and 1 ½ tbsp mixed spice.
- Pour in 600ml milk, then stir or scrunch through your fingers to mix everything well and completely break up the bread.
- Add 2 beaten large eggs, 140g light muscovado sugar and zest of 1 lemon, if using. Stir well, then set aside for 15 mins to soak.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line the base of a 20cm non-stick square cake tin (not one with a loose base).
- Stir the melted butter into the pudding mixture, tip into the tin, then scatter with demerara.
- Bake for 1½ hrs until firm and golden, covering with foil if it starts to brown too much. Turn out of the tin and strip off the paper. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Calories 510 calories, FatContent 13 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 7 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 94 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 67 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 10 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.15 milligram of sodium
YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Jeff Gordinier
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 puddings
|3 large eggs|
|3/4 cup/165 grams whole milk|
|3/4 cup/115 grams all-purpose flour|
|3/4 teaspoon/5 grams kosher salt|
|About 1/4 cup rendered beef or pork fat, olive oil or melted butter|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour and salt. Do not overmix. Allow the batter to rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add a teaspoon of fat to each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin and transfer to the oven to heat, about 5 to 7 minutes. Once hot, divide batter equally to fill the cups about halfway, and return the muffin tin for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the puddings are golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 65, UnsaturatedFatContent 1 gram, CarbohydrateContent 8 grams, FatContent 2 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, ProteinContent 4 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 gram, SodiumContent 90 milligrams, SugarContent 1 gram, TransFatContent 0 grams
TRADITIONAL ENGLISH BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Total time: 4 hours 45 minutes
|50 grams Beef tallow|
|60 grams mixed candied Fruit (orange and lemon peel)|
|60 grams raisins|
|80 grams chopped almonds|
|80 grams breadcrumbs|
|80 grams brown sugar|
|3 Tbsps milk|
|4 centiliters Whiskey|
|0.5 tsp grated Lemon peel|
|1 generous pinch cinnamon|
|butter (for greasing)|
|150 grams sugar|
|100 milliliters Whipped cream|
|50 grams Milk chocolate|
|5 centiliters Whiskey|
- For the pudding: Remove fine pellicle from tallow. Mince candied fruit and mix well with raisins, almonds, breadcrumbs, sugar and tallow. Add eggs, milk and whiskey. Season with lemon zest and cinnamon. Grease 4 small pudding molds (or bowls or cups). Place mixture into molds and press firmly. Cover with aluminum foil and place in a double boiler. Cook over low heat for about 2-4 hours. Keep in mold until ready to serve.
- For the sauce: Caramelize sugar until light brown. Deglaze with cream and 100 ml (approximately 1/2 cup) of water, stirring constantly. Chop chocolate and add to caramel sauce. Stir in whiskey. Serve pudding with sauce.