EASY CHICKEN EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) PARMESAN RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
|1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (thin sliced)|
|1 medium eggplant (approximately 1 pound)|
|1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs|
|3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin|
|1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce (approximately 3 cups)|
|1/4 lb parmesan cheese, grated|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice eggplant.
- Lay between two layers of paper towels for 15-20 minutes to drain moisture from eggplant, then discard paper towels.
- Line bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish with the chicken breast slices.
- Cover chicken with the eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over eggplant.
- Cover breadcrumbs with mozzarella cheese slices (or grated if you prefer).
- Pour marinara sauce over cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Calories 506.8, FatContent 24.4, SaturatedFatContent 12.3, CholesterolContent 112.8, SodiumContent 1423.1, CarbohydrateContent 30.9, FiberContent 7, SugarContent 15.6, ProteinContent 40.3
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: thepamperedchefny
Categories: Healthy Chicken Breasts
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|3 eggplants, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – diced|
|1 onion, diced|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|½ cup water|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Place eggplant strips in a big pot of lightly salted water and soak for 30 minutes (this will improve the taste; they will leave a brown color in the pot).
- Remove eggplant from pot and brush lightly with olive oil. Saute or grill until lightly browned and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Saute diced chicken and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and water, cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour chicken/tomato mixture over eggplant. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Calories 335.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26.6 g, CholesterolContent 82.1 mg, FatContent 10.6 g, FiberContent 7.4 g, ProteinContent 35.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 146.8 mg, SugarContent 10.2 g
CHICKEN STUFFED EGGPLANT RECIPE | SIDECHEF
Provided by: Cocina Familiar
Categories: Budget-Friendly,Low-Carb,Date Night,Weeknight Dinners,Protein Packed,Kid-Friendly,Comfort Food,Shellfish-Free,Full Meal,Beginner,Gluten-Free,Egg-Free,Soy-Free,Entertaining,Fish-Free,Peanut-Free,Tree Nut-Free,Grain-Free,Sugar-Free,Tomato-Free,Oven,Stove
Total time: 2700S
|as needed Olive Oil|
|4 Chicken Breast|
|5 slice White Cheese|
|to taste Salt|
|to taste Mozzarella Cheese|
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- To roast the Eggplant (2), slice them in halves, and using a knife, make criss cross incisions through the middle.
- Drizzle some Salt (to taste) and Olive Oil (as needed) over the top. Place eggplants on a baking tray.
- Place the eggplants in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Monitor them every few minutes until they are well cooked in the center.
- Now we have to prepare the filling. Cut the Chicken Breast (4) into small pieces.
- Slice the White Cheese (5 slice) into small cubes.
- Once the eggplants are soft and brown, take them out and set them aside to cool for a bit. Using a small spoon, scoop the meat out from the center of the eggplants carefully into a bowl so as to not break the eggplant skin.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a splash of Salt (to taste) to the pan and add the Chicken Breast pieces. Season with Olive Oil (as needed).
- Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally until it is no longer pink in the center of the largest piece. Once cooked, add in the eggplant filling and the white cheese.
- Mix ingredients in the pan well until combined and the cheese has melted.
- Turn off the heat. Stuff the eggplant skins with the filling and top with Mozzarella Cheese (to taste).
- Turn the oven to broil at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and place the stuffed eggplants in.
- Once the shredded cheese has melted and has a golden brown color, remove the eggplants from the oven.
Calories 153 calories, ProteinContent 8.8 g, FatContent 9.7 g, CarbohydrateContent 7.4 g, FiberContent 1.0 g, SugarContent 0.8 g, SodiumContent 288.4 mg, SaturatedFatContent 3.1 g, CholesterolContent 27.5 mg, TransFatContent 0 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 4.2 g