CRUNCH TOP APPLE PIE (PAULA DEEN) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: 1 9-inch pie, 8 serving(s)
|1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie (homemade, frozen or refrigerated)|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1 tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 dash salt|
|3 1/2 cups peeled chopped cooking apples (golden delicious is my favorite, but also try Rome and Granny Smith)|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce|
|2 tablespoons butter, chopped into small pieces|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1 dash salt|
|1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of the dough.
- Toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Pour over apples and toss. Stir in applesauce. Spoon this mixture into pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cut remaining crust into strips; using every other one arrange over top of pie. Lattice in remaining strips (going the other direction, crossing over and under every other strip).
- For crunch topping, combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and continue to bake for about 45 minutes, or until crust and topping are golden brown. (My pie with golden delicious apples was done after 30 minutes at this step, so watch your pie!).
- Note: It helps to make a foil ring to put around pie crust edge to keep it from browning too fast.
Calories 440.7, FatContent 20.1, SaturatedFatContent 6.7, CholesterolContent 11.4, SodiumContent 330, CarbohydrateContent 63.9, FiberContent 3, SugarContent 26.1, ProteinContent 3.6
PAULA DEEN’S APPLE BUTTER PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
|1 cup apple butter|
|1 cup canned pumpkin|
|1/2 cup brown sugar, packed|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/8 teaspoon ground ginger|
|3 eggs, slightly beaten|
|3/4 cup evaporated milk|
|1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell|
|sweetened whipped cream, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine apple butter, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices in a bowl.
- Stir in eggs.
- Gradually add milk and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and maybe some pecans.
Calories 2381, FatContent 90.5, SaturatedFatContent 29.2, CholesterolContent 612.8, SodiumContent 3175.2, CarbohydrateContent 352.2, FiberContent 19.4, SugarContent 215.7, ProteinContent 46.9