CRISPY GNOCCHI WITH BURST TOMATOES AND MOZZARELLA RECIPE – NYT …
Provided by: Ali Slagle
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed|
|2 (12- to 18-ounce) packages shelf-stable or refrigerated potato gnocchi|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more for serving|
|Kosher salt and black pepper|
|2 pints small tomatoes, such as cherry, grape or Sungold|
|1/4 cup thinly sliced or torn basil leaves (optional), plus more for serving|
|8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut or torn into 1/2-inch pieces|
- Heat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- In a large (12-inch) skillet on the stovetop, heat enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan (about 1 tablespoon) over medium-high. Add half the gnocchi to the pan, breaking up any that are stuck together. Cover with a lid or baking sheet and cook, undisturbed, until golden brown on one side, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Repeat with the remaining gnocchi and olive oil.
- Add the butter to the skillet and cook over medium-high, stirring often, until golden-brown and toasty, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic, red-pepper flakes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper, reducing the heat slightly if necessary to avoid scorching. Add the tomatoes and 3 tablespoons water and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes have softened and the liquid has slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Smash the tomatoes as they burst to help them along.
- Add the seared gnocchi and 1/4 cup basil (if using), stir to coat, then shake into an even layer. Top with the mozzarella and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Broil until the cheese is melted and browned in spots, 2 to 4 minutes. Top with more basil, red-pepper flakes and black pepper as desired.
CRISPY CHEESY GNOCCHI – WHAT’S GABY COOKING
Provided by: Gaby
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|4 tablespoons butter|
|1 tablespoon DeLallo Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 pound DeLallo Potato Gnocchi|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 shallot, minced|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan|
|fresh basil to garnish|
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, remove as much of the shallot / garlic from the skillet and set aside (we will add it back later). Leave the infused butter and olive oil in the pan.
- Add gnocchi to the pan and cook on high, stirring frequently for about 5-6 minutes. Flip the gnocchi evenly in the pan for crisp texture on all sides.
- Add the shallot and garlic back to the pan, sprinkle half the parmesan and give a quick stir to coat well. Remove the garlic butter parmesan gnocchi from the pan and serve with remaining grated parmesan and fresh basil.
CRISPY GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN …
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Cook 10 ounces chopped white mushrooms in olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir in 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 2 grated garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest; transfer to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and a 12-ounce package refrigerated gnocchi to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until crisp, 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
CRISPY GNOCCHI PASTA WITH TOMATOES & LEEKS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: Adam Dolge
Categories: Healthy Gnocchi Recipes
Total time: 20 minutes
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|1 pound gnocchi, preferably whole-wheat|
|2 cups sliced leek (about 1 large)|
|1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish|
|1 large clove garlic, minced|
|¼ cup dry white wine|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|¼ teaspoon ground pepper|
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and leek to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Add sage and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and butter and cook until the butter melts, about 1 minute. Return the gnocchi to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve the gnocchi and vegetables topped with Parmesan, pepper and more sage, if desired.
Calories 399.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 48 g, CholesterolContent 19.6 mg, FatContent 18.8 g, FiberContent 5.8 g, ProteinContent 9.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.9 g, SodiumContent 501.4 mg, SugarContent 4.7 g