CORN-ON-THE-COB CAKE POPS RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
|1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ butter recipe yellow cake mix, cooked according to package instructions|
|2 cups from 2 tubs (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Creamy White Frosting|
|2 cups white chocolate chips or white almond bark|
|6 cups yellow jelly beans|
- In a large bowl, use your fingers or a whisk to crumble the prepared cake. Then combine it with the frosting until evenly mixed. Freeze the mixture for 10-15 minutes, or until chilled.
- Grease a small aluminum can (I used a tomato paste can) with butter or cooking spray. Then carefully press some of the chilled cake pop mix into the can or mold, and then squeeze the can and pound on the bottom of the can until the molded cake pop comes out. Repeat 4-5 more times with additional cake pops, then freeze until the edges are firm and chilled.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave or double boiler, heat the white chocolate or almond bark until melted, stirring occasionally. Spoon some of the chocolate onto one of the ends of a chilled cob, and then place the yellow holder in the end. Repeat on the other side.
- Lay the cob on its side, then spoon a small strip of chocolate along the length of the cob. Quickly press the jelly beans into the chocolate in a single-file row before the chocolate hardens. Repeat with more chocolate, jelly beans, chocolate, jelly beans, etc. until the cob is covered.
ServingSize 1 Serving
CORN-ON-THE-COB CUPCAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Cupcake Recipes
Yield: Makes 24 cupcakes or 8 “ears of corn”
|Vanilla Frosting for Cupcakes|
|Yellow liquid food coloring|
|24 Vanilla Cupcakes, baked in white paper liners|
|3 1/2 cups small yellow, cream, or white jelly beans, such as Jelly Belly|
|4 pieces yellow fruit chews, such as Laffy Taffys or Starbursts|
|1 tablespoon black decorating sugar|
|1 tablespoon white decorating sugar|
|8 sets of corn holders (optional)|
- Color the frosting pale yellow with food coloring.
- Working with 3 cupcakes at a time, frost cupcakes with yellow frosting. Arrange 5 rows of jelly beans, close together, on each cupcake. Place the 3 cupcakes side by side on a corn dish or serving platter to resemble an ear of corn. Repeat process with remaining cupcakes, frosting, and jelly beans.
- Cut the fruit chews into eight 1-inch squares. Soften the edges slightly by hand so that they look like melted butter. Place 1 square on top of each ear of corn. Sprinkle with sugars. Insert a corn holder in the end of each ear of corn, if using. Serve.
RECIPE BOX, “CORN ON THE COB” CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH CHIP CAKE …
Provided by: the Painted Apron
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 box yellow cake mix|
|1 regular size instant chocolate pudding|
|1 stick butter (melted)|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1/4 cup half and half|
|6 oz chocolate chips|
|6 oz butterscotch chips|
|1 regular box confectioner’s sugar or about 4 cups|
|1 stick butter (softened)|
|3-4 T milk or cream|
|2 T vanilla extract|
|yellow jelly beans|
|buttered popcorn jelly bellies|
|yellow salt water taffy (smashed and cut into pieces to look like butter pats)|
|fresh corn shucks|
- Buttercream Icing