ALL-IN-ONE CHICKEN TRAYBAKE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Total time: 30 minutes
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|4 chicken breasts, skin on|
|750g new potato , sliced|
|large pinch dried thyme or fresh if you have it|
|4 garlic cloves , peeled, but left whole|
|450g jar mixed roasted peppers , cut into bite-size pieces|
|2 oranges , each cut into eight segments|
|200g jar pitted black olives in brine, drained|
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large flameproof roasting tin, then fry the chicken, skin side down, and the potatoes for 8 mins or until the chicken skin is crisp and golden. Turn the chicken and potatoes, then continue to cook for a further minute.
- Add the thyme and garlic, then stir to coat everything.
- Roast everything for 15 mins until the potatoes are soft. Remove the tray from the oven and throw in the peppers, orange segments and olives and roast for 5 mins more until the chicken and potatoes are completely cooked. To serve, bring the tray to the table and let everyone help themselves.
Calories 520 calories, FatContent 24 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 4 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 44 grams carbohydrates, FiberContent 7 grams fiber, ProteinContent 35 grams protein, SodiumContent 3.58 milligram of sodium
RAS-EL-HANOUT CHICKEN TRAYBAKE RECIPE – BBC FOOD
Each serving provides 361 kcal, 44g protein, 30g carbohydrate (of which 14g sugars), 5.5g fat (of which 1g saturates), 7g fibre and 0.5g salt.
Provided by: Becca Spry
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: Serves 4
|400g/14oz sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm/1in cubes|
|400g/14oz carrots, cut into 2cm/1in cubes|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges|
|3 garlic cloves|
|4 chicken breast fillets (about 170g/6oz each)|
|1 lemon, quartered|
|2 tsp ras-el-hanout spice mix|
|handful fresh thyme sprigs|
|handful fresh coriander, finely chopped|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|4 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve|
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes and carrots in a roasting tray, drizzle over the oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the red onion and garlic and toss well. Roast for another 20 minutes.
- Put the chicken breasts and lemon quarters in the roasting tray in a single layer. Sprinkle everything with the ras-el-hanout and thyme. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the coriander.
- To serve, divide between four plates, each with a slice of roast lemon for squeezing over and a tablespoon of yoghurt.
Calories 361kcal, CarbohydrateContent 30g, FatContent 5.5g, FiberContent 7g, ProteinContent 44g, SaturatedFatContent 1g, SugarContent 14g
TRAYBAKED CHICKEN | JAMIE OLIVER EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
|4 free-range chicken breasts or supremes of chicken, wing bone attached, skin on|
|2 rashers of smoked streaky higher-welfare bacon|
|4 medium floury potatoes such as Maris Piper or Yukon Gold|
|3 sweet potatoes (600g)|
|1 medium onion|
|4 cloves of garlic|
|2 spigs of fresh sage|
|400 ml organic chicken stock|
|150 ml single cream|
|100 g Parmesan cheese|
|40 g unsalted butter|
|3 cloves of garlic|
|2 sprigs of fresh sage|
|6 tablespoons runny honey|
|4 tablespoons cider vinegar|
- For the brine, peel and crush the garlic and pick the sage leaves. Mix together in a large bowl with the honey and vinegar, then squeeze in the lemon juice and finely grate over the zest. Add the chicken, 2 tablespoons of sea salt and 1 litre of water, and cover with clingfilm. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 to 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, take the chicken out of the fridge so it can come up to room temperature and preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Finely chop the bacon, then scrub and finely slice the potatoes and sweet potatoes. Peel and finely slice the onion and garlic, then pick and finely chop the sage leaves, discarding the stalks.
- Get yourself a wide casserole-type pan or a roasting tray and add the bacon, all the sliced veg, garlic and the sage. Add a lug of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and black pepper and toss everything together.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan or tray, then put into the oven for 30 minutes so the potatoes can begin to soften and soak up the stock.
- Drain the chicken breasts, discarding the brine, and pat them dry with kitchen paper.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and pour over the cream. Sprinkle over a little more black pepper and finely grate over the Parmesan, then use a spoon to make little nests in the vegetables for the pieces of chicken to sit in. Place the chicken in these nests and dot little knobs of butter on and around the breasts.
- Return the tray to the oven to cook for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through and the potatoes are delicious. To check if your chicken is cooked through, simply stick a sharp knife into the thickest part. If the juices run clear, you’re laughing.
- Serve straight away with nice simple greens or a salad and enjoy.
Calories 820 calories, FatContent 37.7 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 18.5 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 56.2 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 68.3 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 15.2 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.9 g salt, FiberContent 4.2 g fibre