BEST ROAST BEEF RECIPE – HOW TO COOK PERFECT ROAST BEEF IN THE OVEN
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dairy-free,gluten-free,nut-free,Paleo Diet,dinner party,dinner,main dish,meat
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 8 servings
|1 (4-lb.) round roast|
|1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves|
|2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper|
- Recommended: let roast sit uncovered on a wire rack set in a baking sheet in the refrigerator 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub all over roast.
- Place roast in roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325° and roast 1 hours 45 minutes more for medium, or 2 hours for medium well done.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
MOMMA NEELY’S POT ROAST RECIPE | THE NEELYS | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Total time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|1 (3 to 4-pound) boneless bottom round roast|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|2 yellow onions, peeled and quartered|
|3 cloves garlic, smashed|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|1 cup red wine|
|2 cups beef stock|
|2 fresh thyme sprigs|
|2 bay leaves|
|3 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Freshly chopped parsley leaves, for garnish|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the roast on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil and sear the roast on all sides. Add the onions, garlic and tomato paste and cook until slightly colored. Add the wine, stock, thyme and bay leaves. Bring the liquid to a simmer, cover, and place in the oven.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours and then add the carrots. Continue to cook for 1 more hour. Transfer the roast to a cutting board and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Slice and place on a serving platter. Skim the fat off the braising liquid and serve with the roast. Garnish with parsley.