SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: COUGAAR
Categories: Sweet Potato Pie
Total time: 1 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Yield: 1 9-inch pie
|1 (1 pound) sweet potato, with skin|
|½ cup butter, softened|
|1 cup white sugar|
|½ cup milk|
|2 large eggs|
|½ teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|½ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust|
- Place whole sweet potato in pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Boil until tender when pierced with a fork, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove sweet potato from the pot and run under cold water. Remove and discard skin.
- Break sweet potato flesh apart and place in a bowl. Add butter and mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Add sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla; beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Calories 389.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 47.8 g, CholesterolContent 78.2 mg, FatContent 20.6 g, FiberContent 2.6 g, ProteinContent 4.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.8 g, SodiumContent 253.7 mg, SugarContent 28.3 g
EASY UNIQUE WAY TO BOIL AND PEEL POTATOES RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
|idaho potato (any quantity or type desired)|
- Bring a pot with tight fitting lid of water to a rolling boil.
- To prepare the potatoes take a very sharp knife and score the potato entirely around the center. With a pair of cooking tongs, place the potatoes into the boiling water and cover with lid. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and place into a bowl filled with water and ice. Let them cool to the touch; just a few minutes. Holding the potato in both palms on either end, with thumbs pull away the skin from the center removing all from the potato in 2 pieces. Repeat for all potatoes.
Calories 0, FatContent 0, SaturatedFatContent 0, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 0, CarbohydrateContent 0, FiberContent 0, SugarContent 0, ProteinContent 0