THREE-PEPPER BEEF STEW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories: Healthy Beef Stew Recipes
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|6 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tablespoon minced garlic|
|2 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1 ¾ cups dry red wine or 1 14-ounce can lower-sodium beef broth|
|1 14-ounce can lower-sodium beef broth|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2 to 3 teaspoons bottled cayenne pepper sauce|
|1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|2 large potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|2 medium red sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|2 tablespoons cold water|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
- In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add beef; cook about 15 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain off fat.
- Stir in wine, broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and sweet peppers. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together cold water and cornstarch. Stir into beef mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Calories 394.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 25 g, CholesterolContent 81.6 mg, FatContent 10.3 g, FiberContent 4.3 g, ProteinContent 36.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.1 g, SodiumContent 357.1 mg, SugarContent 6.5 g
BEEF STEW WITH PEPPERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: MyRecipes
Total time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
|4 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 onions, finely chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained|
|3 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|2 tablespoons instant tapioca|
|2 tablespoons capers, rinsed|
- Sprinkle beef with salt. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet and brown beef, in batches if necessary, on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining oil and onions to skillet and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Add to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, peppers, oregano, soy sauce and tapioca.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is fork-tender, 7 to 8 hours. Stir in capers, season with salt if necessary and serve.
Calories 395 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11 g, CholesterolContent 123 mg, FatContent 15 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 51 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, SodiumContent 706 mg
ONE-POT BEEF & PEPPER STEW RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings. (3 qt.)
|1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)|
|3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained|
|4 large green peppers, coarsely chopped|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles|
|3 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 cups uncooked instant rice|
|Hot pepper sauce, optional|
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; crumble beef; drain. Add tomatoes, green peppers, onion, chiles and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender., Prepare rice according to package directions. Serve with stew and, if desired, pepper sauce.
Calories 244 calories, FatContent 5g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 35mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 467mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, FiberContent 5g fiber), ProteinContent 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 2 lean meat
SAVORY BEEF AND RED PEPPER STEW – MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
|1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1-1/2 lb.), cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes|
|1 Tbsp. flour|
|3 Tbsp. margarine or butter|
|2 cups onion wedges, 1/4 inch thick|
|2 cups coarsely chopped red and green peppers|
|1 cup A.1. Bold & Spicy Sauce|
|1/2 cup beef broth|
|1/4 cup dry red wine|
|4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice|
- Toss steak with flour until evenly coated; set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of the margarine in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from pan; set aside. Add remaining 2 Tbsp. margarine to pan. Add steak, in batches; cook and stir until evenly browned.
- Return all of the steak to pan along with the vegetable mixture; stir. Add steak sauce, beef broth and wine; mix well. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 min. or until steak is tender. Serve over rice.
Calories 440, FatContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 60 mg, SodiumContent 900 mg, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 0 g, ProteinContent 26 g