VEGAN RED CABBAGE FRITTERS (OVEN-BAKED) | FOODACIOUSLY
Provided by: Foodaciously
Total time: 45 minutes
|400 g of Red Cabbage|
|1 Large Apple|
|0.5 Small Juiced Lemon|
|65 g of Chickpea Flour (or rice flour)|
|1.5 tbsp of Chia Seeds|
|1.5 tbsp of Nutritional Yeast|
|1 tsp of Dijon Mustard|
|1 tsp of Fennel Seeds|
|1.5 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
- Shred the red cabbage and apples with a box grater and then toss them with lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix all the batter ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Incorporate the cabbage and apple into the prepared batter and let it set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place a heaped spoonful of the cabbage mixture onto a baking tray lined with paper and shape it into a 1/2 cm (1/5 inch) thick patty.
- Bake the fritters at 220°C (430°F) for 20 minutes.
Calories 155 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21 calories, FatContent 5 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 7 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams, SugarContent 7 grams, UnsaturatedFatContent 4 grams
CABBAGE PATTIES RECIPE – THE COOKING FOODIE
Provided by: TheCookingFoodie
Categories: Find Vegetarian Recipes,Side Dishes ,Dinner Recipes,Lunch Recipes,Christmas Recipes,Thanksgiving Recipes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|750g (26.45oz) cabbage|
|1/3 cup (56g) semolina|
|2 garlic cloves|
|1/4 bunch parsley|
|1 teaspoon thyme|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|Oil for frying|
- 1. Chop the cabbage, cook in boiling water for 7-8 minutes, then drain completely. 2. Chop the onions, crush the garlic cloves. Cook the onions for few minutes and add crushed garlic. Cook over medium-low heat until onions become golden. 3. In a large bowl place cooked and drained cabbage, cooked onions, parsley, eggs, semolina, thyme, salt and pepper. mix all the ingredients well until incorporated. If needed add more semolina. Set aside for 10 minutes. 4. In a large pan heat vegetable oil. 5. Shape patties from cabbage mixture and fry over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes from each side or until golden. Transfer to a kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil. * Serving suggestion: sour cream with dill, yogurt, fresh salad.* Equipment I used in this recipe: https://www.amazon.com/shop/thecookingfoodieMore Cabbage Recipes:Easy Cabbage Pie RecipeRoasted Cabbage Wedges
AUNT NELLIE’S CABBAGE FRITTERS | MRFOOD.COM
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 1/2 cups white cabbage, finely chopped or grated|
|1/4 cup finely chopped onion|
|1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into skillet; be sure not to overcrowd. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined platter; repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
How to cook cabbage fritters with sour cream?
Add sour cream, eggs, baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. If desired, add green onions, garlic and herbs. Spoon the mass into a preheated frying pan, preheated with vegetable oil. Over medium heat, fry cabbage fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
What is the best way to cook cabbage for stir fry?
1) In a bowl, toss together the cabbage, scallions and flour, set aside. In a separate bowl or small measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, water, soy, sesame oil, sugar and salt, pour over the cabbage mixture and lightly toss everything together to make sure all the cabbage is well coated.
What is the best dip to serve with cabbage fritters?
These cabbage fritters are delicious when served with a chilled, garlicky lemony creamy dip. You can use sour cream or plain unsweetened Greek yogurt or regular yogurt as the base of this dip. Sour cream definitely makes a richer dip, but plain Greek yogurt is just fine too.
What is the best way to make cabbage salad?
Chop the cabbage finely. Add 1/2 tsp salt and mash well with your hands. Leave the cabbage to sit for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the juice if any. 2. Add grated carrots to the cabbage. Add sour cream, eggs, baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. If desired, add fresh dill, green onions, garlic, and herbs. 3.