QUESADILLAS AND SINCRONIZADAS – RECIPES
Provided by: Douglas Cullen
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|8 ounces of your favorite Mexican Cheese|
|16 corn tortillas.|
- Grate the cheese.
- Warm each tortilla until pliable.
- Add 1/2 ounce of cheese to each tortilla.
- Fold in half.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole on the side.
Calories 99 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 12 g, ProteinContent 5 g, FatContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 11 mg, SodiumContent 101 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
QUESADILLA AUTHENTIC RECIPE | TASTEATLAS
Provided by: TasteAtlas
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
|FOR 20 CORN TORTILLAS|
|500g (1.1 lbs) corn flour|
|1/4 tbsp salt|
|1/4 tbsp salt|
|415 ml (1 1/2 cups + 4 tbsp) hot water|
|500g (1.1 lbs) cheese (Chihuahua, Oaxaca or Manchego)|
- Begin by making the tortillas. Sift the corn flour into a large bowl, add salt, and mix lightly. Gradually add water, working the dough with your hands. You may not need to use all the water. The dough should be moderately firm and elastic. Cover the dough with an elastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces and roll each one into the shape and size of a golf ball. Each piece should weigh about 35 grams (1.2 oz).
- Put a piece of plastic wrap on the bottom plate of a tortilla press. Put the ball of dough on top, and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Press until thin – ideally, the tortilla should be around 2 mm (1/8-inch) thick and measure 15 cm (6 inches) in diameter. Repeat with the remaining balls of dough. If you do not own a tortilla press, roll out the tortillas using a rolling pin.
- Now, cook the tortillas. Heat a comal or a shallow cast iron pan over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium. The tortillas are usually cooked without oil, but some oil may be sprinkled on the comal, so they don’t stick. Cook the tortilla for about 50 seconds on one side, until small bubbles start to appear. Turn the tortilla over, and cook for another 50 seconds, until you start seeing small bubbles again. Finally, turn the tortilla over once more, and cook for an additional 20 seconds. The tortilla should now inflate like a balloon.
- Transfer the cooked tortilla into a tortillero, a handwoven tortilla basket (still, a plastic container will also do), so it remains warm and soft, and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Grate the cheese or cut it into thin strips. If the tortillas have cooled down, reheat them on a comal or a shallow pan for 20 seconds, so they soften.
- Sprinkle the cheese generously on each tortilla, fold in half, and heat on a comal for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until the cheese melts. Press gently during cooking.
- Serve the quesadillas with the sauce of your choice – red salsa, green salsa or cream, and add condiments to your liking.
How to make a proper Mexican quesadilla?
Grate the cheese.
Warm each tortilla until pliable.
Add ½ ounce of cheese to each tortilla.
Fold in half.
Cook on each side until golden brown.
Serve with salsa and guacamole on the side.
How to make the best cheesy quesadillas?
Recipe Tips And Tricks
Cooking cheese quesadillas in butter makes all the difference. To give your quesadillas a decadent flavor, melt 1 tablespoon of butter into the skillet before heating up the tortillas. …
I dont recommend cooking quesadillas in a microwave. This will make the tortillas soggy and the cheese could melt unevenly.
Dont overload the quesadillas with cheese. …
How to make the best beef quesadillas is easy?
Preheat oven to 425F.
In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion until beef is cooked through.
Add minced garlic and cook for one minute. …
Add taco seasoning, black beans, and salsa to skillet and mix well to combine. …
Spray a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. …
How do you make “authentic” Mexican food?
Steps for This Authentic Taco Recipe
Cook the Ground Beef. Heat the oil in your skillet for two minutes over medium-high heat. …
Add Seasoning. Once the meat is browned, add the beef broth, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper to the skillet with …
Heat the Tortillas. …
Assemble Your Tacos. …